Excursions in the area:
Located in the heart of a territory declared by Unesco as a world heritage site, Sesto in the Puster Valley is an ideal starting point for hiking, mountain biking, climbing, relaxation and much more.
But also the surroundings of the town are rich in alternative possibilities that have made the Puster Valley popular in the whole region of South Tyrol:
- The Three Peaks of Lavaredo - the highlight of the area
- Prato Piazza and the lakes of Braies, Anterselva and Dobbiaco are worth visiting both in summer and in winter
- The Drauradweg from Sesto to Lienz, a bike tour for the whole family, 40 km long, with slopes suitable even for children or the elderly.
- From San Candido to Brunico by bike... and return by train!
- The Dolomythos museum in San Candido... a dip in the prehistoric past and a treasure hunt for all children.
- At the Tre Cime Visitor Center of the Grand Hotel cultural Center in Dobbiaco Nuova, you will discover much of the Dolomites - through games and live experiences you'll get to know all about the rocks, fauna and flora of our mountains.
- The demonstrative cheese factory in Dobbiaco... shows you how best cheese products made of our milk get produced. And before leaving, stop for a tasting.
- The Funbob summer toboggan run in Baranci will make your heart pound with excitement.
- The Ostirodler of Lienz is a perfect toboggan run for the adrenaline seekers.
- At the climbing gym of Dobbiaco, you can test your limits, or try to climb to a tree crown.
- The organic farms of the area are ideal for tasting typical products or for learning more about the mountain agriculture.
- The Bergila and Hauser herbalists in the Puster Valley are a must visit for all the lovers of aromatic herbs. Find out much about herbs, their use and the deriving products.
- The collegiate church of San Candido is the only large Romanesque building in South Tyrol, having survived throughout the centuries.
- The Kneipp paths at the health park of Niederhof are an unmissable experience. In the nearby spa gardens, there are also playgrounds and numerous recreation areas.
- The Sillian gnome park is a new playground of Olang - a joyful place for children.
- At the zoological park of Assling, there is also a summer toboggan run - fun for the whole family. It is worth visiting also during Vitalpinum.
- The zoological park of Dobbiaco - small but beautiful.
- Cortina, the Olympic town of 1956, is certainly worth visiting. Feel the atmosphere of this pearl of the Dolomites.
- The city of Brunico, birthplace of the Late Gothic artist Michael Pacher. With its narrow streets and shops, it is one of the most popular destinations of the area.
- Castel Brunico and MMM – Messner Mountain Museum founded by mountaineerer Reinhold Messner, have become an essential destination for all tourists.
- Teodone offers its visitors the wonderful Provincial Ethnological Museum, an open-air museum, for those who want to merge into the rural life of yesteryear. History, culture and crafts of South Tyrol are at home here.
- Aguntum in Lienz, the capital of East Tyrol! It was the Romans to discover the mining area of Lienz and to found here the first and only Roman town in Tyrol - Aguntum.
- The Taufers Castle, one of the best preserved castles in the area. From the bedrooms of chivalry, to the gloomy torture chamber, you can relive the authentic medieval atmosphere.